A series of guides on writing and publishing academic texts in different domains, prepared by our proofreaders. The authors of these materials are academics who work at renowned American and British universities and have broad experience in publishing their papers in prestigious journals.
Scientific English: Getting your writing right
The guide, prepared by Jerry Carr-Brion, PhD, gives useful advice on planning your writing, guidance on style and common errors to be avoided.
You can find here:
- Things to do before you start writing
- Advice on style – it should be simple, straightforward and as clear as possible
- Twenty Common Mistakes made by non-native speakers writers
Article Writing Guide for Molecular Biology
The guide, prepared by J. Morgan, PhD, provides a complex support in preparing scientific articles regarding the area of molecular biology.
- This guide is designed for authors intending to submit their work for publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- This edition of the guide focuses on molecular biology and provides useful information that will assist authors as they prepare their manuscripts for submission.
- This guide provides an overview of the main sections of a standard manuscript (abstract, introduction, methods, results, figures and discussion).
- Advice on how each section should be arranged, as well as certain things to avoid, can be found in the guide.
Article Writing Guide: The Chemical Sciences
The aim of the guide is to support authors and editors in preparing scientific articles regarding the area of chemical sciences.
- How to present a comprehensive review on conducted research in a clear and precise manner, without superfluous repetitions or embellishments?
- The publication discusses the most important goals to consider while structuring each section of the paper as well as its visual presentation and formatting.
Guide to Academic Writing in the Social Science
The guide regarding the preparation of texts in social sciences has been prepared by B. Schultz, PhD, a qualified sociologist.
- The publication elaborates upon crucial, yet often neglected aspects of editing papers in social sciences.
- It covers all stages of preparing a scientific publication. The guide helps to avoid certain mistakes and improve the quality of the paper.