Expert Native Speakers
At eCORRECTOR we carefully select our academic PhD-level proofreaders (now over 100 English native speakers). We ensure your text is proofread by an expert in the relevant field so that the scientific integrity of the text is maintained and the language is significantly improved. We have a strong track-record and have helped hundreds of scientists publish their work in internationally peer-reviewed journals.
Our mission statement: to provide language support to academics, whose first language is not English, and to break down any language barriers so that the results speak for themselves.”
Mark J Hunt, PhD, Hab.
- Overseas our network of over 100 PhD specialist proofreaders
- BSc (Pharmacology) King’s College London
- PhD (Pharmacology) Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- Assistant Professor, M. Nencki – Polish Academy of Sciences
- 15 years experience in scientific proofreading
Head of Scientific Proofreading
Our Head of Scientific Proofreading, Mark J Hunt, received his PhD from the University of Cambridge, UK and has published over 20 academic papers and regularly serves as a reviewer for international journals. He has over 15 years’ experience proofreading manuscripts and is well aware of the standards expected by editors and reviewers when evaluating submitted manuscripts.
Mark quality controls our network of over 100 qualified English native speaker proofreaders. We only work with proofreaders who have met our strict standard of both academic and linguistic excellence. All of our expert native speakers are recognised scientists in their field with publishing experience. They know the high linguistic demands which are put on scientists before their text is accepted for publication.
- Biomedical Science (molecular and cell biology, molecular therapeutics, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, genetics, neuroscience, microbiology)
- Clinical studies (medicine, psychology, emerging infectious diseases)
- Ecology (environmental science, botany, wildlife and fisheries)
- Engineering (industrial, civil, chemical and bioengineering)
- Chemistry (organic, materials and chemical engineering)
- Physics, mathematics and geology
- Many of our medical proofreaders are qualified Doctors of Medicine (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)