PhD level editing and proofreading
Over 30 scientific specialisations
Strong track record
Native English speakers
For Scientists By Scientists
eCORRECTOR is a specialised editing and proofreading service for academics intending to submit their work to international peer-reviewed journals. Our expert editors and proofreaders are all native speakers of English, hold a PhD (or equivalent, e.g. Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Law) and the majority are actively publishing scientists. We are well aware of the rigorous standards placed on language during the publication process; these can be a key factor when reviewers evaluate texts.
Editing and Proofreading in over 30 areas of science
- Biomedical Science (molecular and cell biology, molecular therapeutics, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, genetics, neuroscience, microbiology)
- Clinical studies (medicine, psychology, emerging infectious diseases)
- Ecology (environmental science, botany, wildlife and fisheries)
- Engineering (industrial, civil, chemical and bioengineering)
- Physics, mathematics and geology
- Chemistry (organic, materials and chemical engineering)
- We also accept sociology and management papers
Our Specialist Editors and Proofreaders
Many journals require that manuscripts are edited or proofread by a native speaker of English. In our experience, good editing or proofreading of technical academic texts can only be carried out properly when the editor or proofreader is both a native speaker of English and a person familiar with the manuscript content. For this reason we are very selective over our editors and proofreaders and strive to provide only excellent editing and proofreading. Our editors and proofreaders are PhD’s and Doctor’s of Medicine who have received their qualifications from prestigious universities, mainly in the UK and USA. Many are active researchers who continue to publish their work and therefore remain familiar with the challenges of the publication process.
Our proofreaders and editors hold a PhD (or equivalent) and are not Master’s or PhD students.
Our editors and proofreaders have received their qualifications (PhD or equivalent e.g. Doctor of Medicine) from internationally-recognised universities.
Mission statement: to provide language support to academics, whose first language is not English, and to break down any language barriers so that the results speak for themselves.”
Mark J Hunt, PhD, Hab.
- BSc (Pharmacology) King’s College London
- PhD (Pharmacology) Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- Postdoc – University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Assistant Professor, M. Nencki – Polish Academy of Sciences
- 15 years experience in scientific proofreading
We operate a strict selection procedure for our editors and proofreaders and carry our continuous assessment to ensure we provide the highest level of editing and proofreading. We have a strong track-record of regular and successful work with individual authors, journal editors and publishers and are aware of the strict language conditions required from international peer-reviewed journals. Our business has grown largely through word of mouth and recommendation to colleagues.
Our head of editing and proofreading, Dr. Hab. Mark Jeremy Hunt, author of over thirty publications and journal reviewer, oversees quality assurance at eCORRECTOR.
How We Work
All manuscripts are treated individually. We determine the most suitable editor or proofreader. We typically charge 0.04 GBP for PhD editing and 0.03 GBP for PhD proofreading per word for specialist proofreading. References are not usually included unless specifically requested by the author. Typical turnaround is 4 working days for a standard length manuscript (4000 words). You will receive a tracked-changes version and a final version, often with helpful comments aimed to strengthen the paper.
If you have any queries at any stage or post submission, our dedicated customer care team are happy to help and usually reply within 1 hr during normal office hours.
Specialist Editor or Proofreader
Are you looking for high quality native speaker translation services for non-scientific texts?
We recommend contacting our business partner – MD Online. They have significant experience delivering translations in all European languages and major international languages.
MD Online has a substantial network of experienced translators who are native speakers of target languages, so you can be sure your text will be properly localised and have a natural flow.
- We provide the necessary edits to improve the English language of your submission expected by reviewers and journal editors.
- Our editors and proofreaders hold a PhD (or equivalent, e.g. Doctor of Medicine) in an area directly related to the content of the text.
- Continual quality assurance at every level of the editing or proofreading process ensures your file is carefully proofread.
- Unlike many other sites, we do not cooperate with Master’s or PhD students – our editors and proofreaders hold a PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Many of our editors and proofreaders are active scientists with their own publication records and history of reviewing manuscripts.
- We provide high quality editing and proofreading in over 30 areas of science.
- We have a strong track record of helping numerous authors and academic journals. What is more, a growing number of research institutions and universities use our services.
Journals and Institutes:
eCORRECTOR has provided editing and proofreading services for many journals and individual scientists. These include:
- Acta Neurobiologiae Experimentalis
- Medical Science Pulse
- Human Movement
- Meteorology Hydrology and Water Management
- Annual Reports
- Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin
- Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine
- Dental and Medical Problems
Our services have engaged over 200 universities and research institutes in Europe and abroad, including scientists from:
- Medical University of Innsbruck
- Charles University
- University of Bern
- Jagiellonian University
- University of Zurich
- University of Bergamo
- Warsaw University of Technology
- Milan University of Technology
- University of Genova
- Suez Canal University
- University of Milan
- Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences
- Maritime University of Szczecin
- Amirkabir University of Technology
“It has been a pleasure to work with the team of eCORRECTOR, particularly with Justyna. They are very collaborative, responsive, and understanding of customer needs. I can highly recommend their services.”
-Prof. Gianfranco Minati, Italian Systems Society, Milan, Italy
Italian System Society →
“We would like to thank eCORRECTOR, especially the proofreader and other people working on our paper for their valuable comments concerning the content, style and language. Our cooperation has been very satisfactory, as so far no editor has suggested any modifications of the English text you provided. Thank you very much. Please give our thanks to the native speakers’ team, especially to Mark for such an excellent selection of experts.”
– prof. dr hab. Zbigniew Sierota, Forest Research Institute – IBLES
“I have used eCORRECTOR services many times. I come back most of all for the high quality of translations, but also kind and professional staff. They always establish a good rapport, react quickly and ensure a top quality service”
– dr Magdalena Czałczyńska-Podolska, The West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin
“Let me start by saying that the previous text you proofread has been published and the reviewers had no reservations about the language. If possible, I would like to maintain our cooperation and use your language services again.”
– dr Karol Bronisz, Warsaw University of Life Sciences WULS – SGGW
“Now I understand the sensation you stirr at our Faculty – almost everyone I ask about good proofreaders recommends you. Thank you very much, I have no remarks or questions – the proofreading is perfect. Thanks to you at least one complaint of reviewers – my English – has been considered…”
– dr Mirosław Szydłowski, Forest Research Institute